Pride Month Resources
21 Resources to Celebrate & Support the LGBTQ+ Community
Support Queer Youth
- It Gets Better Project — With a footprint spanning four continents and six major languages, the It Gets Better Project is the world’s largest storytelling effort to empower LGBTQ+ young people where they live, learn, and socialize. In addition, take a look at these educational guides.
- 10 Phenomenal Books to Read for LGBTQ Pride Month — Gift one of these books to a kid you know to educate the next generation about LGBTQ+ issues and challenges.
- Listen to this Pride Playlist and share it with young queer people you know.
- Get involved with the Trevor Project or donate to help end suicide among LGBTQ youth.
- The Where We Are on TV report analyzes the overall diversity of primetime scripted series regulars on broadcast networks and looks at the number of LGBTQ characters on cable networks and streaming services for the 2020–2021 TV season.
- History of Pride Month, Traditions, and Numbers — National Today
Support LGBTQ+ Tech Organizations
- QueerTech strives to queer the tech ecosystem by breaking down barriers, creating spaces, and connecting communities to support and empower LGBTQ2S+ people to thrive.
- LGBT Tech is a diverse team of experts from multiple backgrounds that belong to the LGBTQIA+ community. Grounded in empirical research, we develop programs and resources that support LGBTQ+ communities and work to educate organizations and policy makers on the unique needs LGBTQ+ individuals face when it comes to tech.
- Lesbians Who Tech — Lesbians who tech & allies is a community of LGBTQ women, non-binary and trans individuals in and around tech (and the people who support them).
- Out In Tech — Out in Tech is the world’s largest non-profit community of LGBTQ+ tech leaders.
Advocate for Diversity in the Workplace
- LGBTQ+ Resources in Business and the Workplace — A guide to sources of information for those researching the issues that affect the economic circumstances of the LGBTQ+ community.
- How to Celebrate Pride in Your Workplace in 2021 — Kazoo
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pride Month 2021 in your Workplace — LGBT Speakers
- Workplace Pride is a not for profit foundation dedicated to improving the lives of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) people in workplaces worldwide. We strive for a world of inclusive workplaces where LGBTIQ+ people can truly be themselves, are valued and, through their contributions, help to lead the way for others.
Get Involved with Organizations in NYC
- The Audre Lorde Project — The Audre Lorde Project is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non Conforming People of Color center for community organizing, focusing on the New York City area. Through mobilization, education and capacity-building, we work for community wellness and progressive social and economic justice.
- The Ali Forney Center protects LGBTQ youths from the harms of homelessness and empowers them with the tools needed to live independently.
- ASTRAEA Lesbian Foundation for Justice — Rooted in LGBTQI communities and movements, we work in strategic partnership with foundations, individuals and governments to ensure that their resources reach the activists who need them most and who are best positioned to make transformational impact over time. To this end, we raise and distribute funds to programs and initiatives led by and for diverse constituencies, prioritizing groups led by lesbians and queer women, trans and gender non-conforming people, intersex people, and people of color.
- BROADWAY SINGS FOR PRIDE is an exciting non-for-profit charitable organization, which brings together Broadway talent, activists & celebrities to promote LGBT equality through song.
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center — The Center is the heart and home of NYC’s LGBTQ community, providing programs for health, wellness and community connection.
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) — GLAAD works through entertainment, news, and digital media to share stories from the LGBTQ community that accelerate acceptance.